Thursday, December 28, 2006

Cool Snap

I say it is a cool snap, as its not exactly a cold snap. The clouds lifted yesterday afternoon, leaving us vulnerable to overnight frost. It is lovely and clear, a perfect winter day. Apparently all the rain we have recieved on the lover levels has been falling as snow in the hills. The skiing this year is the best it has been for years in this area. Lets hope it is as good in 2010 when Vancouver hosts the Winter Olympics. There is no skiing on these Golden Ears Mountains. They are a bit too rugged for that.

Swimming anyone? This is the surface of our back yard pool today. Just a skin of ice.


The lawn was white with a heavy frost. It was so thick that at first glance it almost looked like a light dusting of snow.I love how everything looks when it is all white.

4 comments:

ellen said...

We had heavy heavy ice frost this morning, too. The trees were gorgeous. Gotta learn to tote our camera along.

Unknown said...

I was so happy to see your comment for several reasons. I have a list of the addresses of the blogs I visit regularly and in a technical mishap, I managed to delete half the information! Your comment made it possible for me to visit again - happy reason 1. Happy reason 2 - That you continue to visit - it surprises, humbles and flatters me. Happy reason 3 - I love the fact that you were inspired to copy the piece - if you have not already done so (which you are of course welcome to), it might be easier for me to email it to you - let me know if you would prefer me to do that. Your pictures are wonderful. I love reading your blog. xox

August95 said...

Oh that last one is very pretty. Sorry, I am reading downwards and commenting as I go lol.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. We have lots of the white stuff here in Manitoba although it is still much less than we usually have.