Monday, April 03, 2006

Prayers Needed







This is Kayla. Our niece. She is fifteen.

Yesterday we received news that she has bone cancer. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. The prognosis is good that it can be removed and she will beat it.
But it will be a difficult battle, involving surgeries and a lot of pain and Chemo. Kayla is a strong courageous young lady, with a great deal of faith.

Last year we picked her up in Edmonton on our way home from our vacation. She spent a week with us.
Here she is hamming it up on the Beaches of Vancouver.
And the next shot is her in the center, with my kids in the Rockies. We had a wonderful time together. We look forward to having many more times like this again.

Fight hard Kayla. We love you so much and we are all on your side.

16 comments:

Deanna said...

Prayers sent for strength, courage, hope, a strong mind that will keep her steady through this difficult journey.

poet said...

sending a prayer your way for your niece. she has youth on her side, and medical advances as well. all the best

August95 said...

I am sorry to hear that your family will have to go through this.

She looks like a great girl with a fast smile. I will say a prayer for her.

Hugs to you.

Walker said...

I'm sorry to hear about Kayla and someone so young.
My thoughts are with her and your family.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. And I hope that Kayla's treatments will be successful.

Take care and sending hugs your way.

gal artist said...

Kayla is in my prayers, as is your family.

*HUGS*

dee said...

Oh gosh this is so terrible to have to go through for one so young!

Blessed be Kayla and all your family!

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

{{{HUGS}}}

ellen said...

I will definitely pray for Kayla. Where, in her bones, is her cancer?

Monica said...

Susan, I'm really sorry. If you'd like to email me privately with her last name, I'll put her on the prayer lists at both churches.

Joshua was sick at fifteen and he beat it...I know she will, too. Already praying.

EMOB said...

Strength is obviously a trait in your family. I have no doubt she will pull through.

Prayers and hugs being sent her way!!!

Anonymous said...

Consider it done, Susan. Best wishes Kayla. She will be just fine! ;)

Vickie said...

Susan, My thoughts are with you and Kayla's family. Such a beautiful young lady. I will add you,her and her family to my thoughts and prayers.

Prayers are starting now.

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers and good wishes for Kayla.

Raggedy said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

Sending good wishes for a speedy recovery..

Oklahoma Girl said...

Dearest Kayla is in my prayers. May the good Lord bless & keep her safe.

Blessed be...