Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cooling off

What a difference a few days can make in the weather.
Nov. 2nd we drove into Vancouver. The sun was gleaming off the glass and making mirror images of other buildings nearby.

This is downtown Vancouver, approaching from the Eastside. Th's shot shows some of the older buildings.

We ended up on English Bay, right on the ocean. We walked along, wearing only light sweaters.
The sun was warm and there was no wind. The trees were gorgeous in their fall colours. All along the beach was packed with people enjoying the day.

You will notice the logs on the beach. These often wash up on the shores, and the city lines them up on the sand. They make wonderful seats and windbreaks

This family was having a picnic, and the children even paddled in the water barefoot.
The ships in the distance are waiting to come into port. In the photo above with Keith, there is a peninsula on his left, that is Stanley Park. The port is on the other side of that on Burrard Inlet.

The mild weather lasted until a sew days ago. My lilac tree is actually full of big fat green buds, I guess it thought it was spring.
This picture was taken yesterday evening from the warmth of my kitchen. The Golden Ears , featuring Mt. Blanchard, was glowing gold, then became pink in the evening sun We have suddenly turned quite cold. And have been treated to our first dusting of snow. We are forecast to receive a fair bit more this week , with temperatures getting well below 0.
So there you have it folks, my first blog in a really long time.


poet said...

i was beginning to wonder if you were ever going to blog again. still following. nice photos. nice to see you back~

Sally said...

Girl, I have missed you, and your beautiful photography. Wow, that shot from your kitchen window is awesome. I love all of them, though! You live surrouned by so much beauty! Take care, and come back soon!! ((hugs))

Walker said...

I figured facebook swallowed you up lol

I have missed your pictures like that last picture, it's spectacular.

Penny said...

What a pleasant surprise! I've missed you and your lovely photos. Have you heard from Herman? He's been so quiet for so long, I'm a little worried about him.

We've have several days of huge dumps of snow. But never enough for a snow day. sigh. Our snowploughs are just too eager to clear the snow. I would love to spend the day at home tomorrow. (Which is technically today since its already 5:52a.m.)