Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Holiday in Banff


This is Lake Moraine, near where we stayed in Banff Alberta. The water really is this blue. It has run right off the glaciers.
Our first day, we saw a baby moose in the woods. Awww. We decided it did'nt like having its photo taken when it started stomping its foot!!!
Chairs on a patio made from tree branches!
The air is so fresh. you can almost taste the oxygen! I think breathing was my favorite pastime here!


Glacial run off combined with a short burst of rain made for a raise in the lakes water level. Here at the mouth of the creek where it joins the lake. Some of the cleanest water in the world!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Banff.... I remember that my grandmother had a teaspoon with that name on it. Once she told me that she got it many years ago, after the war, from a Canadian soldier and she always kept it in a little spoon vase. After she died someone of the family took it and I don't know where it is now.
I see an elephants head in the 5th photo, the one with the red flowers and the mountain in the background. :-)
Beautiful surroundings Susan.

Deanna said...

Cooler Mooler MOOOSE girl!

Amanda said...

I wish I was there!
It looks so beautiful ~ I would love to see so much more of Canada. Only visited a few places in Ontario.
When the kids grow up it will happen!

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

looks like you are having a good time but watch out for the moose

Unknown said...

HI! You have brought us all such an incredible travelogue of beauty here. All Best Wishes! :)

Dina said...

WOW!! Simply beautiful!!