Wednesday, April 04, 2007

HSSD

I always upload a photo to go with my posts. But I cant think which would really suit this one, so just use your imagination for pictures today!

You have heard of ADD, ADHD, MRSA, HIV, SARS, etc... Well now there is another one. I have recently had the pleasure of furthering my education, thanks to QMFM.

I keep hearing this ad on the radio.
It goes along the lines of...
"If you are female and suffer from low sexual arousal, lack of sexual fantasies and have been losing interest in sexual activities, you just may be suffering from Hypo Sexual Desire Dysfunction (HSDD). [Yes it even has an acronym!] You may be interested in being a subject in a study to help determine the causes of HSDD and a possible solution".
They don't need to do a study! Women are either just damn tired or their husband has turned into a flatulent, beer bellied couch potato! And what tests will they be subjected to? Will they be inserting electrodes up subjects wazoos? Perhaps they will be supplying virile young studlies to see if the prospect of being sexed by a more youthful and energetic partner would help. (N0 doubt!)
The thing is, how do you explain these ads to your young children? How many shades of red do you blush when Jr. asks dear old Mrs Johnston down the street if she has sexual fantasies? We had contractors in the house last week. I had the radio on as usual. I listen to a soft rock station, very tame stuff. While I am handing the workmen cups of tea, this darned ad came on. Well I am still trying to decide if it is more embarrassing to have this ad on in mixed company, or the maxi pad ones that discuss how heavy your flow is! I love the ones about feminine itch, and not quite feeling fresh enough!
From all the stuff on the radio about female woes, its no wonder women aren't getting any action. The men out there hear these ads and think, "No way am I chasing anything in a skirt! Every thing female is either leaking, stinking or just plain old sexually dysfunctional anyways!!!"

5 comments:

Dina said...

Oh my my..... that was a good one, but honestly you made me laugh and don't know what to think.......

Anonymous said...

LOL!!

On the male side - how about those ads for erectile disfunction! I wonder who thinks up these terms!

Happy Hump Day!

Dick said...

I sometimes wonder how much money the companies have to pay some of those in their commercials?

Smalltown RN said...

I am glad you found me.....funny you should mention this ad....I was talking to my hubby about it as well.....my question is...wassup with all this talk about women being sexually dysfunctional...I mean really....I have more get up and go now than I think I had in my twenties.....It really burns my twizzlers when I hear crap like that....just a another drug for the drug companies to push....just wonder who is backing this one.....

Cheers...and yes....happy hump day.....

Sienna said...

Susan, too funny...LOL!

Lack of sexual fantasies, wazoos...leaking-stinking...I am now thinking our local radio is very tame :)

This is so funny!

Pam
PS Hope Mrs Johnston is okay