Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Snow Balls

CLICK ON ANY PHOTO TO ENLARGE

We are under the white again!!
Who Hoo!!!!
On the left is the is my front yard, featuring my sexy red hot rod. That was taken at 8 am, when I got home from work,from my bedroom window. On the right is what it looked like at 2.30 pm. There is about a foot of snow now. The weatherman had forecast 5 cm. We must have at least 30 cm. and its still coming down heavy. But its warm. Must be just below freezing. The weatherman had also thought it would get really cold today, that hasnt happened.
This next one is taken from the same spot but facing east. Looking out across the driveway. Notice the garbage cans are half burried? I have noticed loads of kids walking by with sleds.
Heidi got out to play with Binzen and they made a huge snowman, hes at least 6 ft tall!
With an icecream bucket hat.
Binzen loves the snow. He will chase snowballs all day. He still hasnt figured out where they dissapear to once they land in the snow. If you have never played in the snow with a Springer Spaniel, then you may never have seen these sort of snowballs.
He is the envy of all the french poodles on the block. It took Heidi 30 minutes to chisel them all off him and blow dry him to freedom.

I am off work now untill Saturday, so I dont have to worry about driving in this. I just get to enjoy! Looking at the weather report, it seems that the central and eastern provinces have finally had winter arrive! They have been hit by a blizzard on the Prairies with -20 temperatures.

10 comments:

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

No snow here in Oliver

Anonymous said...

hi there, dad lies, we do have snow in Oliver. However, it is the same old stuff that has been hanging around since November. It has been cold enough to keep the snow around and it is more or less sheets of solid ice. Walking is absolutely treacherous as our back lane is a skating rink.

Roll on February and, hopefully, warmer weather.

gal artist said...

Oh yes, back home I loved to throw snowballs for Glory and she would do a nose dive into the snow looking for it and come up looking confused with a muff full of snow. LOL

mrsnesbitt said...

The gritter wagon passed our house last night, often indicating we are in for snow......but no! Just wind, rain and dirty kitchen floor which I clean on the hour, every hour!

LOL
D

Monica said...

As I stated on Sue's...one week we have snow...then 70s temps...now an ice storm is predicted? Geez. This is Texas, no wonder we're sick around here.

ellen said...

Looks like we're in for it this weekend. At least the weather will suit the activity of ice fishing....

Anonymous said...

This is going to be a winter to remember! With the Arctic front that's settled in, I think this snow is going to stay around for a while.

I love the picture of Binzen's legs...had a chuckle about that one.

Take care and stay warm!

EMOB said...

I've never seen that before!! His little snowball legs are too cute!! Happy Thurs to you.

Heather in Beautiful BC said...

Great photos - the snow is wonderful - I can't remember when we ever had so much!

Thanks for your comment - You are right the PPP ads do take up a LOT of my blog... I'd like to learn how to put up a plus/minus sign to click to make them close if you don't want to look. I'm also thinking of making the font smaller but just haven't got around to it yet.

Enjoy your days off!

Anonymous said...

those photos are beautiful......and btw...those are two different photos of the tree, just from different angles. I need to come here more often.