Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Word of the Hour is?

There is actually a living, breathing boy in the middle of all those rings! You should have seen him jump off the diving board with all those rings on, quite a talent I say!

Today we had some dear friends over. Deanna has been a friend of mine since grade school. We are making an effort to see more of eachother. Today the whole family joined us in our yard for a swim and some grub. She brought her famed Husbandman, Pipster and Hamsterson. They brought us a lovely "hunk a metal" bird feeder, chips and delicious dip, more chips, chocolate covered strawberries and best of all, REAL CREAM for the coffee. Dont ya just love guests like that? Awesome people, really.
















The little people swam for hours. They played so nicely with my sisters kids, after the initial shyness wore off. My kids did'nt swim long, they were more focused on when the food would be ready. I swear, my meateater son, had 3 skewers of beef kabobs before I even had everything off the grill. After supper the boys went in and played nintendo, but the girls braved the now shady waters for a little more frolic time.


The Pipster had a weird thing going on with a new tooth. When she opened her mouth to exhibit this mandible annomily, her head would sort of swiwel around on an unhealthy angle and her big blue eyes would roll up in her head. Somehow the rolling of the eyes made it easier for the onlooker to see the tooth!!!!

Before they toodled off, into the sunset, we made a promise to get together again soon. Next time, We will do a Japanese theme. We will make sushi. And eveyone has to wear kimonos!



9 comments:

Dick said...

That looks like a fun day. Time together with friends & family is the best of times.

Thanks for your comments on my blog. This is going to be a hard week for me as I approach the one year anniversary of Annies death next Sunday. I don't expect some veil to lift on that day and my life to be back to normal as there is no normal for me anymore, but there will be fewer "first" type of events from then on.

Fred said...

Let me know when you're having the party. I'm sure I could dig up an extra kimono or two.

Politically Homeless said...

That pool looks so inviting. It makes me want to just jump right in.

I do think I'd have topass on the sushi though!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time was had by all! And the weather was perfect!

Anonymous said...

What a great time! I love sushi myself, but have not ever worn a kimono!
Thank you for stopping in today

Jona said...

You pool and friends look like a lot of fun :o) Wish we had a pool!

Anonymous said...


Looks great!!

Can I jump in too? hehe...

Andrew said...

Perfect weather for a pool. I'm surprised you can ever get the kids out of it.

Anonymous said...

I just love it when everyone is having a great time and being together. Boy that pool looks good and cool.