Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fall Girls

At Memorial Peace park. On 224th street in our Downtown core. This area was redeveloped a few years ago and has a nice neighbourly feel to it.
Lone tree hugger. Most of these trees are just a few years old. It will be fantastic in another ten years when they have matured a while.
Green and pink jackets to match the leaves.
Is it my imagination or do the colours get more vivid every year. Perhaps as I get older I take more time to appreciate the beauty around me.
Wee little Japanese maple.
Leaf throwers. To heck with leaf blowers, this is way more fun.
Yellow trees to the north. This shot shows off the older maples along 224th. This was taken right outside our lovely old style ice cream parlour, which does a steady business all year round.
Red tree to the south. Carry that girl.
Remember that old school yard taunt? I see London, I see France, I see Lexi's underpants!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed the beautiful colours, the big smiles and the view on London and France :-)
I learned in Windows Virtual Earth that the 224th street is a very long street.....
A nice weekend for all of you! Here it is grey, windy, raining and cold, just what I need to stay at home.

Penny said...

I so enjoyed the fall leaves last weekend when I was in Vancouver. I picked up a bunch and brought them home, and had kids do some art with them. I should post some of the artwork my students do.

Bobbie said...

It looks like you and the girls had an enjoyable walk down our main street. I called out a hello as my sister and I drove by but you didn't hear me.
Great photos. I, for one, hope that they leave 224th as it is and not rip it up to make it look more modern. I like trees and the boulevard with the changing flower displays.

Take care and hope you have a great weekend.

Michele said...

Those colors are amazing on the trees! WOW.... amazing. It's nice to see the streets so beautifully landscaped... fun post. Made me smile the whole time... =)
Hope your weekend is good!
~Michele~
Mountain Retreat- Canada

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

I hope that is the Victory salute Lexi is giving in that first picture and not the other salute.
Heidi needs some new jeans.
I posted a picture of the bandstand just the other day because Hyde Daily Photo had posted the Bandstand in Hyde

Curtis said...

Those do seem to be some really vivid colors (oops colours) don't they. When I was out there it wasn't fall so I didn't get to see any of them.

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy this time of year, the colours, the smells. And like you I seem to appreciate it more with each passing year.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures Susan. You have great "models" looked like an enjoyable day.
It won't take long for those trees to mature. Such vivid red leaves on the tree. I never got around to taking pictures of the leaves changing, now they have faded and the wind has blown most of them down.
Have a great week.
Hugs, Faye

Vickie said...

I love the beautiful colors of the fall foliage you shared. It looks as if the girls were having so much fun.

Hope you will have a great week.

Walker said...

Great colors this time of year and it looks beautiful there, not as cold at this end.
We should all be tree huggers :)