Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Sorry ..no chestnuts.



But we do have a fire, although it is not an open one. Its behind glass, held captive. I love having a fireplace. Ours is a gas fire, we installed it last winter. It sure cozies up our house. We are in an older home with the old aluminuim frames and single panes, so it can feel a bit chilly at times. The fire has made a world of difference. So now i have to go to work. No fire there accept the one that the head nurse might put under by butt to keep me working hard! So you all have a good evening. If anyone comes across any chestnuts let me know.

10 comments:

Karen said...

Those are nice, not to have the smoke in the house. I do love my aunt's cabin fireplace though, it's open. The crackling of the fire is wonderful.

Enjoy yours too. Roast away... *hugs*

carol said...

I came across a couple of em last night, but I don't think they were chestnuts!!!hehehe,

gal artist said...

Oh how nice, a fireplace.

*sigh*

David said...

I have thought of having one of those install. But we rarely have a need to have a fire in the fireplace. Looks good.

Vickie said...

I'm gonna tell Santa someone is being naughty but nice here and her name is Carol. She is all in love so it should be allowed...lol
I love fireplaces and wish I had one now we had one in our house but don't at my mom's oh what I gave up to come back here but in the long run it was the right thing to do.

Bobbie said...

I don't have any chestnuts but I do have lots of hazelnuts in my yard you can have!

Lois Lane said...

I had to wrassle a squirrel to get these chestnuts for you. :)
Lois Lane

Curious Servant said...

Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. It meant a lot to me and I think it is meaningful to Bob's family as well.

God bless.

Politically Homeless said...

Mind if I warm my hands for just a minute? It looks so inviting!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I stopped by via Audience of One and had to comment on the the wonderful picture. I love it.